Thursday, November 8, 2012

Heaven in the Rockies - Rawson Lake

A recent hike out to Rawson Lake was probably my best hiking experience so far. Rawson Lake is located in Kananaskis Country, Alberta, Canada about one hour west of Calgary.

Despite the fact that I may have been very near to having an encounter with a grizzly bear with no bear spray in hand, it truly was an enjoyable experience. The steep climb to reach the lake was worth it by the breath-taking views, the tranquility I experienced both externally and internally.

I did not travel the trail to the north side of the lake as I was told that grizzly bears love to frequent that area at this time of year. However, there was a bear sighting on the south side very near to where I was.

The photos below are my attempt to share a little piece of the heaven in the mountains that I found.



No comments:

Post a Comment